Friday 4 September 2015

And Then A Miracle Occurred...

As you know, I have been sanding the wretched arbor for weeks and weeks and weeks.  Then suddenly last weekend, it all came to an end.

A reminder of how it was when you last saw it...


And here it is undercoated...


Then with the first layer of duck egg blue...


Sprocket was impressed!


Another coat for good measure...


Followed by a third...(yes, I know it looks no different)...



 And then a fourth for the roof.  I'm a great believer in layering, whether clothes or paint.


My plan was a final picture, showing it in situ with cushions in place and perhaps me sitting there with a glass of something bubbly in my hand.  However, the damn thing is so heavy that we haven't been able to move it to the final resting place yet.  So you'll just have to use your imagination until the great day comes.

The text on the paint tin claims that it will last for six years.  As you can see, that final shot was taken on 29th August 2015, so I am fully expecting not to have to paint the blasted thing again until 29th August 2021.  And this is for the record and will be used as evidence in any forthcoming court case.

No comments:

Post a Comment